Chamber Chat: Wine, Food and Art Festival set for Feb. 23
• LaMalfa to speak — 6 p.m., Thursday, Congressman Doug LaMalfa will speak at the Corning Patriots meeting at the Corning Senior Center, 1015 4th Avenue everyone is invited. For more information call 833-0265.
• The Corning Exchange Club will be hosting its Annual Police and Fire Recognition Dinner, starting at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 23 at the Corning Veteran's Memorial Hall. The outstanding police officers and fire personnel for 2012, from ten separate public safety agencies will be honored and presented with plaques at the dinner. Exchange Board Member Bucky Bowen will act as our host; and news anchor Linda Watkins-Bennett of television channels 12 and 24 will once again be our Mistress of Ceremonies.
A prime rib dinner will be served at a cost of $15 per person. Tickets can be reserved in advance by contacting: Ray Rogers, Corning Olive Oil (824-5447); Ardis Smith, Olive City Tax Professionals (824-1040); Dean Cofer (824-2429); or, Delores May (824-5910).
• Wine Food and Art Festival — Corning Rotary's annual event is coming up Feb. 23 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., at Rolling Hills Casino. There will be a chowder cook-off, art show, cooking demonstration as well as wine and beer tasting. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the Chamber or at the door. Ticket includes wine glass and $5 slot play. Please take note that the events starts at 11 a.m., not 10 a.m., as the poster reads.
• Spaghetti Dinner — Save the date for 4 p.m.-7 p.m. March 3 at the Corning Veterans Memorial Hall when the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church's Our Lady's Guild will hold their annual Spaghetti Dinner. Adult tickets $10, children $5 and children under 5 free. Wine and dessert is included in the meal.
• Deadline for art contest — Entries are due by 4 p.m. Friday at the Tehama County Department of Education, 1135 Lincoln Street, Red Bluff, 96080. Registration forms are available on the website: TehamaArts.org/programs/student-art-contest-2. This year's art contest theme is "Into the Woods." Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, plus honorable mention winners in each of four divisions, and the Best of Show receives $50.00.
• President's Day — The City and the Chamber will be closed Monday for President's Day.
• Car Show — We invite anyone in the community that is interested in cars to be a part of the 2013 Car Show Committee. We will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Chamber office, 1110 Solano St. Call the office at 824-5550 if you have any questions. The Car Show will be May 3 and 4.
• Jehovah Rapha — 6 p.m., Feb. 21, at theCozy Diner Banquet Room in Red Bluff. Yolonda Ragsdale will be the speaker. As usual there will be great music, good food, friendly people, and encouragement and special prayers.