- Eddie Lou: Obamacare delay good for business
- The White House delayed for one year a requirement under the Affordable Care Act that small businesses provide health insurance to its employees.
This provision, commonly known as the employer mandate, calls for businesses with 50 or more workers to... Full story
- Our View: 5 reasons to worry about U.S. debt
- To read the news, you'd think America's fiscal problems are under control. After all, following four years of $1 trillion-plus deficits, this year's will be "only" $642 billion. And Congress actually cut spending this year by letting the sequester ha... Full story
- Ron Hart: Marriage should be divorced from government
- With the Supreme Court effectively ruling in favor of gay marriage, options have narrowed for its opponents. We libertarians praise the ruling, as does your nephew who TIVOs "Glee," can never quite throw a spiral, and refers to "Top Gun" as "Oh, that... Full story
- Other View: Public employees should share in pension costs
- San Jose Mercury News
Given the choice between a Volkswagen or a Rolls-Royce for the same price, most of us would take the Rolls.
That's essentially what's going on with pensions for employees of at least 117 Bay Area government agencies. They get ... Full story
- Amy Goodman – DOMA ruling: Two steps forward, one step back
- The U.S. Supreme Court announced three historic 5-4 decisions this week. In the first, a core component of the Voting Rights Act was gutted, enabling Southern states to enact regressive voting laws that will likely disenfranchise the ever-growing num... Full story
- Our View: Another reason to not trust government
- When you look for reasons why the public doesn't trust government and politicians, this is textbook:
• An unrelated bill is slipped in with the mix of budget bills that have to be approved on deadline. It is, essentially, hidden from view and e... Full story
- Ron Hart: Economic stagnation through regulation
- Dollar stores have done more to keep down what we pay for basic goods and helped more struggling families than any government action ever has. For that, and because they are based in the South, Barack Obama's O-bots in the EEOC (Equal Employment Oppo... Full story
- Ron Hart: Under-mining of American values
- In the wake of revelations that the IRS was used as a thuggish enforcement arm of the Obama campaign come further allegations of snooping by the NSA.
Suddenly we feel we have a creepy stalker. George Orwell's foretold world of an all-intrusive gover... Full story
- Mike Reagan: Sharing a Father’s Day message
- It's no news to anyone that I disagree strongly with President Barack Obama Obama on just about any issue or policy position you can name.
But I'm not the least bit uncomfortable saying I admire something about the president that transcends politics... Full story
- Nation needs federal shield law
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (MCT)
The Obama administration's invasive search of Associated Press reporters' phone records offers another sharp reminder of why the nation needs a federal shield law to protect journalists' confidential sources: Governm... Full story