Letters to the Editor
- Letter: Kudos to Officer Watson
- I would like to recognize one of Corning’s own: Officer Tom Watson.
I have a 3-year-old daughter and I had a question about California’s car seat and booster laws.
So I stopped over at the Corning police station and I had the ple... Full story
- Letter: Turn signals required, safer
- I am a concerned citizen about one of the businessmen in the community of Corning.
He was interviewed (Know Your Neighbor, Feb. 12) by one of your staff and he says he likes Corning because he doesn’t have to use his blinkers in Corning.
I th... Full story
- Letter: Turbine will spoil beauty
- The ugliness of a wind turbine spoils the beauty of Black Butte. The park already has electrical power, making a wind turbine a tax waste. The turbine cost of $290,000 for 15 years typical life, is not paid for by President Obama's 'green' initiative... Full story
- Letter: Snow Geese organizers say thanks
- We want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s festival: Our special guests and keynote speakers, Roger Lederer and Carol Burr; our trip leaders, workshop instructors, venue owners, CCC crews; our incredible spon... Full story
- Letter: Guild thanks supporters
- Our Lady’s Guild of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church would like to acknowledge the following Corning merchants and friends who contributed to the success of our Annual
Spaghetti Dinner held at the Veteran’s Hall on March 3.
Th... Full story
- Letter: Common sense is lacking
- While searching for ideas to bring the political parties together, one fact seems to stand out: It seems what is lacking on most of the issues is common sense.
For example: The four dams on the Klamath River which are being proposed to be removed.
... Full story
- Letter: Candidates by the numbers
- For the Nov, 6 election, there are 78 nonpartisan positions in Tehama County open for election. Of that total, 18 are contested with more than one candidate, 53 are not contested having only one candidate and seven have no candidates.
Of the 53 unco... Full story
- Letter: America - Love mine, or leave it
- Immigrants will tell you America is the greatest nation on earth; that's why they come here.
Two of the greatest things about living in America is our rights to freedom of religion and freedom of speech. I'm so very thankful for those freedoms. Many... Full story
- Letter: Save your postal service
- Stop Congress from pushing your Postal Service off a cliff. Your Postal Service is a constitutionally established agency that provides an affordable, accessible, and universal government service. Your Postal Service does not rely on tax dollars for i... Full story
- Letter: Jann Reed for state Senate
- Jann Reed is a reasonable, open-minded, non-partisan candidate running for a seat in the state Senate. She joined the race to give voters a choice – an alternative to LaMalfa’s heir apparent, Jim Nielsen.
Jann’s eight years on the ... Full story