Letters to the Editor
- Letter: Expand reach, services of county transit system – be heard at meeting Tuesday
- Armando Maldonado is visually impaired who currently volunteers at Independent Living Services of Northern California, Chico and was informed of the following. There will be an unmet transit needs meeting at the Tehama County Board of Supervisors Cha... Full story
- Letter: Cyberbullying story framed issue wrong
- I am writing in response to last week's article in the Corning Observer "Corning High School students, officials question cyberbullying."
While I appreciate the writer's attempt to address a significant societal issue that touches our community, I d... Full story
- Letter: We're living in an age of socialist entitlements
- California is releasing 25,000 criminals to increase community crime but reduce state prison overcrowding. Now, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder announces a similar program to release federal prisoners, who will repeat their criminal actions.
Only ... Full story
- Letter: FFA officer retreat a success
- Hi there, my name is Brooke Endres, and I am the vice president of the Corning FFA Chapter.
I just returned from the yearly "officer retreat," where we all go to Lake Siskiyou and camp for two nights.
While we are there, we go over the schedule for... Full story
- Letter: Keep pets cool, too
- Read your story about not leaving kids in vehicle because of heat.
People also need to stop leaving their pets in their cars during the heat.
I was at Walmart on Monday, row 2 in the parking lot, and there was a white Toyota Tacoma that had a black... Full story
- Letter: Why we live in Corning
- Shandon Gregg's thank you letter for all the supporters of Corning High School Class of 2013 Sober Grad Night is a shining example of what makes this area a special place to live.
In reading the list of sponsors (online at www.corning-oberver.com), ... Full story
- Letter: Farm subsidies make no sense
- It does not make economic sense for taxpayers to continue the 50 percent copayment for crop insurance, and the guaranteed high prices for crops available at lower cost on the global market.
A modest 10 percent yearly cut in farm subsidies and food ... Full story
- Letter: Thanks for Sober Grad success
- The Corning High School Class of 2013, as well as the Corning High Parents Club, would like to thank everyone who helped make the Sober Grad Night 2013 a huge success.
Without the support of a caring community we would never be able to pull this off... Full story
- Letter: Kudos to Officer Watson
- I would like to recognize one of Corning’s own: Officer Tom Watson.
I have a 3-year-old daughter and I had a question about California’s car seat and booster laws.
So I stopped over at the Corning police station and I had the ple... Full story
- Letter: Turn signals required, safer
- I am a concerned citizen about one of the businessmen in the community of Corning.
He was interviewed (Know Your Neighbor, Feb. 12) by one of your staff and he says he likes Corning because he doesn’t have to use his blinkers in Corning.
I th... Full story